Saturday 5 November 2016

How was Palestine?

How was Palestine?

A question I struggle to answer.

“Amazing!”
“Incredible!”
“Life-changing!”

Responses I utter, in doing so, failing to capture the depth of the experience.

How do you describe a place, a people, an experience so far removed from you own?

My fear is that people simply won’t understand. Unable to comprehend what we have seen.

Wonderful people persevering in order to live as normal a life as they can.

A piece of me has been left there and I will take a bit of Palestine around with me forever.

I will continue to answer the question. Hoping that one day people will understand.

And then I think how lucky am I?

That my struggle is that I am unable to describe this experience. As opposed to those whose life it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment