Tuesday 26 January 2016

" I feel like many horizons appeared after this visit"

After a long week and a busy residential for the teachers,  the teachers finally met for an evaluation meeting. They discussed things they learned throughout the journey like the types of education systems, cultural differences, and the general enviornment in the UK. In an interview with Zuhair Khalil, an English Teacher from Beit Leed/Tulkarem, he said, "I can't wait until I get back home to start this association with the academic society of Pendle and strengthen personal connections with the teachers I have met here."

Beit Leed's link with Pendle is very new and Khalil was the first teacher to visit Marsden Heights School/Community College.  When asked about his stay in Pendle, he said, " I felt very important and respected. They organized a huge event so I can speak about education in Palestine and make a presentation about Beit Leed's School. This is where I felt like I did not only come here to make twinning links happen but I also came here to raise awareness about the right to education and the situation teachers and students face every day."


Khalil continued saying, " I feel like many horizons are appearing after this visit, and I have so many ideas for the UK teachers visit to Palestine." Khalil who was active in the NUT conference discussion on the 16th of January said in one of the worshops, "We will face many challenges introducing twinning links to the old fashion traditional education in Palestine, however, I am willing to fight for this after coming here and seeing how hardworking and serious everyone is about this"

Towards the end, Khalil answered the question about his final thoughts saying " I would like to encourage many Palestinian from different parts of the West Bank and hopefully Gaza to participate in programs like these. They are incredibly good for you as a teacher and most importanly good for you as a Palestinian teacher."






No comments:

Post a Comment